Monday, October 5, 2009

My Psalm to the Lord

I attended a lady's retreat awhile back and one of our assignments was to write a psalm to the Lord. I believe we each have a psalm or song in our heart and maybe even more than one.
Here is mine and while I do have more this is who I am and how I find God living in my life each and everyday.
Each day brings it's own challenges/success and while it's nice to think, "we control", how we handle or do not handle the days events the more accurate thinking would be, "how is God controlling me?" during these events.

Psalm to the Lord

Blessings on Me

You, O Lord, have not forgotten me,
Your promise is in everyday.

The wind blows your blessings on me.

The rain reminds me of your
fresh and never ending forgiveness.

The warmth of the sun enwraps
my soul close to your bossom.

Each new day dawns with
eternal hope as you carry me forward.

I am fading into nothing as you, O God,
fill me with your everlasting Spirit-
to be proven in the end
as yours.


Remember the race is on and it's how we finish that matters. We will stumble, fall, miss the turn, double back, sit down, get distracted, forget where we are, but you always need to get up and get going. Get out your compass (Jesus), refresh your body with food (the Word), wash with water (Baptism by immersion), call for direction (prayer and turning to others in Christ), and put one foot in front of the other until it's time to cross the finsih line (Eternity in Heaven).

I am here if you need me. I will answer any question, I will pray with you and for you and most of all I will share who I am and how I find a peace that gets me through each day.

God Bless you,
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment